You need to establish what you want out off your grow before selecting the seeds as each strain has different variables for example so have over double the yield then others, where there are some strains that just focus on THC or CBD percentage. If you are having a grow for selling purposes for example it will be best to look into seeds with big yield such as blue dream, white widow, northern lights these will be your best bet too if you haven’t got the most amount off space. Some places around the world only allow CBD plants with very low THC content or none at all. It is a very important part off the process and is one off the very first steps in the process so make sure you do your research into the seeds as they are some strains that are very hard to grow and are more tailored towards the experienced growers. Two very hard strains to grow in particular are headband & jack herer. Sativa strains tend to be more difficult to grow than indica strains all round but you will find there are some hybrids like headband will need a lot more effort to grow.
Feminized cannabis seeds are designed to produce only female plants.Usually, a cannabis seed can develop into a male or female plant; the entire process is determined by the sex expressing X and Y chromosomes. “Feminization” is a process of conditioning female plants to obtain male pollen needed for seed production.A plant with two X chromosomes will be female 99% of the time, while regular cannabis seeds (XY genetic set) sometimes have a tendency to produce more male than female individuals.
An advantage off using feminized seeds allows you to just germinate seeds that will become female plants, by lowering the odds off a male plant being produced this allows you to streamline your weed grow and save you a lot of time and space by just using them.
If you are located somewhere in the world where you are allowed to grow just for medical reasons or you have a cap off how many plants you are allowed to grow it also makes a lot off sense using these and you may have to stick to a limit.
These are seeds that specially breed to eliminate male chromosomes so because off this they just produce female plants. You may also hear them be labeled female seeds. Majority off growers, grow to get buds they can either sell or smoke. You will only get buds from female plants so if that’s your aim using male plants will get you no where. Also using feminizes seeds it allows the plant to work and attract more THC & CBD substances. Whilst the seeds parent possibly could have been modified the actual seed itself is completely natural as this is done through pollination.
- Cultivation of feminized seeds ensures that there are only female plants in your garden which allows fast and simple cultivation of the cannabis plant. It eliminates the unnecessary work of pruning and maintaining male plants that ultimately has to be discarded.
- By making sure that only female plants are produced, feminized seeds ensure that each and every plant is producing cannabis. This ensures higher yield as the available growing space is used in the most productive way possible by eliminating the growth of male cannabis plants.
- Feminized seeds are as good as regular seeds to make mother plants. Moreover, there is uniformity in the products even when production is carried out on a large scale.
- The quality of the feminized seeds can be judged from the number of hermaphroditic plants it produces. Feminized seeds from a reputable breeder are almost 100% free from hermaphrodites.
Auto flower Seeds
Are seeds that flower on their own in 2-4 weeks. In order to flower, the normal feminized Indica and Sativa species must be exposed to inside lighting for 12 hours directly after harvest. They wouldn’t bloom outdoors, because the daylight hours diminish during this season.
Most the weed seeds you will find online today will turn flowering when the light schedule is changed from what is usually 18-6 to 12 hours off light and 12 hours off complete darkness. What this does is mimic the sun going down as the season turns to autumn.
These are a type off seed that naturally moves too flowering when it is prepared as usually plants will have to be moved to a 12-12 light schedule to change to bloom. Because off this you don’t have much management over the timescale off these plants but on the other hand they provide a very high yield and overall high
Advantages Of Autoflower Seeds
- Autoflowering seeds yield low height plants that require less maintenance making it suitable for growers who carry out cultivation in less than ideal growing conditions, with limited space or for legal growth that carries a plant height limit.
- Autoflowering seeds enable to produce extremely fast, easy to grow cannabis plants with excellent resistance to temperature fluctuations. People that have used autoflowering cannabis seeds have reported that their harvest comes sooner, sometimes two harvests in one summer!
- These seeds are resilient and are capable of resisting mold, pests, and frost because of which they can be grown virtually anywhere almost all through the year as long as it doesn’t become too cold. This ensures reliable, timely crop everytime.
- While THC levels are quite low; CBD content in autoflower strains is quite high, making them a perfect option for medical users. CBD causes the effects of marijuana to be less intense and milder thus eliminating the psychoactive properties of THC.
New and exciting science emerges about CBD all the time. The benefits are clear and go far beyond use as a simple anti-inflammatory. These incredible CBD-rich strains have very low THC content, (meaning they offer no psychedelic effect.) The shimmering and sublime flowers from these seeds will contain at least 8% CBD and are perfect for making medicinal oils, topical balms and many other medical applications.
Seeds that specialise in CBD are widely available online and are very easy to get, it should be made more clear when people are buying these seeds for medical reasons you aren’t guaranteed a high amount of CBD, as it takes ages to create a flower with abundance of CBD and takes even a few years to create a line off seeds that produce very consistent results. If you are following the laws (if you area allows it) and want to keep your plants under a set amount of THC or CBD ratio the seeds will have to be tested first by either a clone or a seed.
These seeds are the only option for a lot off growers that want to stay legal. In Europe, marijuana and cannabis laws differ from country to country. While the general EU law permits the consumption of CBD products containing no more than 0.2% THC, there are a few exceptions such as Croatia, and Slovenia, etc; that applies an outright ban to all cannabis and cannabis derived substances including CBD.
High THC Seeds
THC is the compound found in marijuana that produces the psychoactive effect. The level of THC these cannabis seeds produce is shown as a percentage and indicates the potency of the weed these plants produce, the higher the percentage the stronger the weed.
Wanting to create some potent weed? or even try and create some more stronger weed for medical reasons. What these seeds do is come with a pack a punch off THC that will leave you sparko if you can create a high end plant with a nice amount of THC. Yet again for legal reasons only certain places will allow plants with such a high content of THC.
These types off seeds have always been about, but nowadays they are a lot more available and have had the most consistent records off THC. As well these seeds have developed into a much easier type off seed now for growing strains and all round quality.
To summarise this blog about seeds it’s a question you need to ask yourself before your grow what you want out off it. There is many different factors that go towards this and many different options off seeds out there. Also i wouldn’t recommend going straight into growing and trying out hard seeds to grow. A lot off seeds can draw you in with popular names & cali names but just start simple and slowly work your way up to learn the basics and how everything works. Going straight into a hard grow can mess you up from the start, growing hard strains just so you have a yield off “Gelato 41” for example will actually turn out like something you would find in your nan’s garden.
Measure your grow
Having to sprout a few too many seeds to then take on vegetative stage to then find out your have planted way too many can be a nightmare and is not a nice feeling having to cut them down as you think about your profit or yield loss. Measuring your pot sizes and grow room will save you time and effort from the start if you just take in consideration how big they will grow but saying that when germinating not every seed will sprout so i would suggest sprouting one or two more if you are aiming for a set amount off plants.