This is the perfect party food for slicing up and sharing with some hungry stoners, and as both the base and the sauce are made using potent canna oil, it’s probably a good thing if you don’t scoff it all by yourself.
Ingredients For The Sauce:
- 14 oz (400g) canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 3 table spoon tomato paste
- 3 1/2 fl oz (100ml) canna oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 dried basil
- 1/2 table spoon dried oregano
- 1/2 table spoon chili powder
- 1/2 table spoon salt
- 1/2 table spoon ground black pepper
- 10fl oz (300ml) warm water
- 1 sachet fast action dried yeast
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 3 table spoon canna oil
- 3 cups (13 oz/ 375g) all purpose (plain) flour , plus extra for dusting
- 1 table spoon dried thyme
- 1 table spoon salt
- 2 large handfuls grated mozzarella.
Makes 2 pizzas
1) Put all the sauce ingredients into a pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring well. Bring to a gentle boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for a couple hours before using.
2) To make the pizza base, mix the water, yeast, sugar, and oil in a bowl. Add the flour, thyme, and salt. Mix and knead for 10-12 minutes, sprinkling with flour to stop it sticking to the bowl.
3) The dough should be elastic and smooth. Place it in an oiled bowl, drizzle with some more oil, cover with plastic wrap (cling film) and leave it to stand for an hour.
4) Separate the dough into two halves and roll them into balls. Cover with a damp dish towel and leave to stand for an hour.
5) Roll the dough out onto two pizzas pans or stones and poke some holes with a fork to let steam escape whilst cooking. Now all that’s left is to smoother your pizza bases with the special tomato sauce, sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese, and add any off your favorite toppings, if you like it bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes.