No edible page would be completed without brownies. The originator of all the culinary cannabis creations that have been updated since, it deservedly earns its place in the history books. But with the brownie well into it’s golden years, it’s the perfect time to give it abit of a makeover. So, what better way to make the stoners favorite even greater that by topping it with melted marshmallows and more chocolate.
- 2 cups (14 oz/400g) sugar
- 8oz (225g) canna butter, melted
- 2 1/2 oz (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 table spoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (8oz/225g) all purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 table spoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz/100g) white chocolate chunks
- 7 oz (200g) mini white marshmallows chips.
Makes 18 brownies
1) preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180C/gas mark 4) and line or grease a 9 x 13 inches (23 x 33cm) baking tray.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
3) In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add to the mixture. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
4) when mixed, stir in the whites chocolate chunks. Make the chunks reasonably large so they don’t melt away in the oven.
5) Pour the mixture into prepared tray, spreading it all the way into the corners. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top looks cooked.
6) Remove from the oven and cover the top of the brownie with a blanket off of marshmallows, then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
7) Return to the oven for a few minutes so the marshmallows melt slightly and begin to turn brown.
8) It will be ready hot and sticky, so resist the temptation to dive straight in; instead leave it to cool fully before taking it out the tray and cutting it into pieces.