- 2 table spoon vegetable oil
- 7 oz (200g) popcorn kernels
- 4oz (125g) canna butter
- 3/4 cup (5oz/150g) superfine (caster) sugar
- 2 table spoon clear honey
- 3/4 cup (3 1/2 oz/100g) chopped pecans
Serves 2-4 people
1) In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil and add the popcorn kernels. Put a lid on the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally until the popping stops and then transfer to a large bowl.
2) Wipe the pan clean with a cloth. Dice the canna butter and add it to the pan along with the sugar and honey. Heat gently, stirring all the time, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
3) Bring to the boil and bubble rapidly, without stirring, for 4-5 minutes. The mixture will be ready when it has turned a caramel color.
4) Add the popcorn and chopped pecans and thoroughly stir until all the popcorn is coated in caramel and nuts.
5) Empty the pan onto a couple of non stick baking sheets and leave cool. Once cooled and hardened, break up into pieces and serve in a bowl.