Right you must have developed quite an appetite, by all the work you put into growing weed so now it’s time to cook up some tasty treats. The key ingredients to make most cannabis infused recipes is canna butter, or oil which may even be made from the trimmings left over from harvest.
- 2 to 4 ounces 50 to 100 g weed trimming
- Or 1 to 2 ounces 25 to 50 g buds dried and ground quantities can be very discreet personal references
- Baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- Oven thermometer
- large pan
- 3 pints water
- 16 ounces butter or 2 pints vegetable oil cheesecloth and kitchen strainer
- 2 large containers
- 4 tablespoons of lecithin powder
1. Before you make this kind of canna butter, the THC in weed must undergo a process called the decarboxylation to do this preheat the oven to (220 to 240 Fahrenheit degrees 104 to 116°C (gas mark 1). Keep the temperature within this range and never let it exceed 300 Fahrenheit (150°C)gas mark 2. Spread the weed out in the baking tray and cover with foil loosely but sealed tightly around the tray. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Leave to cool fully before opening the file, to prevent vapor loss.
2. Heat up the water in the pan add the butter or oil and weed stir and bring to the boil. Reduce to a very low heat, put the lid on and simmer for 2 to 3 hours stirring occasionally
3. Fold the cheesecloth into a double layer, place in the strainer and put that into a large container pour the mixture through.
4. Once all the liquid has joined through bundle up the weed inside the cheesecloth and squeeze out as much as remaining liquid as possible
5. If using butter put the container in the refrigerator. After while the water and butter will separate, with a layer of butter solidifying on top of the water. Once separated, discard the water.
If using oil, leave the mixture out for 1 to 2 hours so that the oil and water separate. Then put it into the freezer for 46 hours so that the water freezes, and you can pour off the oil. If the oil has cougalated in the freezer, scrape it off it. It will liquefy at room temperature.
6. The butter or oil can be used as it is but it can be further improved with this introduction of lecithin. When added, it will make the effects of cannabis come on much faster and feel a lot stronger. Gently melt or warm the canna butter or oil in a pan, stir in the lecithin until it dissolves, then pour the butter or oil back into the storage container. This will keep for about a month, or longer if frozen. Use it in place of some, or all of the butter oil in any recipes.
To make canna milk replace butter or oil with milk and don’t add water. As no water has been added no subsequent separation is required.